Tuesday 28 October 2014

SharePoint - Unable to create New WebApplication

Problem

I recently faced a problem with SharePoint, that I created new Web Application and it was showing a popup of "It shouldn't take long", then after some time it showed a Connection failure page. I browsed to the virtual directory folder for the new web application and found that the folder was totally empty.

Solution
Then what I did to solve this problem:


1. Open IIS
2. Go to Applicatin Pools
 3. Select Central Admin application pool and right click and select "Advance Settings".
4. There was a property named "Shutdown Time Limit", it was set to "90" by default.
    I changed it to 400 and clicked OK.
 
It restarted the applicaition pool automatically. Then again I created new web application from central admin and it worked for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ovais,

    I just started using SharePoint 2013 for using Office Web Apps Server, as the information got from internet there is only System Users(Domain Users) have access in SharePoint. But i need SQL users to edit and view the documents using Office Web Apps Server.

    Can you please help me if you know any solution for this.

    Thanks in advance.

    ReplyDelete

Test Email without sending Email to User - C# / C-Sharp - DotNet

Sometimes we may want to test email functionality without sending email to actual user. Email will be saved locally so that we can verify ...